Monday, July 20, 2009

2 more weeks of relaxation

There comes a point in every summer where the days of remaining relaxation seem to be flying by too fast. That's where I find myself this morning, wondering, where did the summer go?

I must say that this summer I have tried to fit in so many things I really wanted to do.

We had a great vacation to Orlando - Magic Kingdom and Sea World. Then, we visited Daytona for a day.

We came home and did some things around the yard and in the house - new mulch, still working on getting some more gravel for the driveway and making a new turn around, painted my bathroom, cleaned out some space in my storage building by having 2 yard sales with Moma and Ashley, and gave my kitchen a little revamp too by buying new rugs (funny how that can make such a big difference!).

Recently, we went to Myrtle Beach for a few days to just really play at the beach with Callie. We had fun. This time she did like the ocean and it was hard to pull her away from the water. We stayed out 3 hours one morning which seemed like a long time with a 2 year old! She had a fun time at the ocean and then loved the pool too. She does not like to be in water where she cannot touch though, so we hung out by the kiddie pool. That's okay with me too!

Anyway, we've done a lot this summer. It's been fun, and I've tried to soak in every minute of it and spend a lot of time with Callie. She grows a little more every day, and I've enjoyed being with her since the end of May.

So, today, I find myself being thankful for a great summer, but also looking at the 2 weeks remaining as the close to a great summer which I wish didn't have to end quite so quickly!

This school year will definitely be filled with challenges as we struggle through another year implementing a new curriculum, and the kids are always challenges in themselves, but I guess it's time to get back at it!

Hope you have a blessed week!

P.S. Our youth revival starts on Thursday at 7:00p. We would love to see you and any one you would like to invite! Thursday - Bro. Chad Shook; Friday - Bro. Chris Porter; Saturday - Bro. Ken Petitt

No comments: