Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, Monday.....

I read a statement this morning in my Made to Crave devotional that was so profound.  This is what it said, "Don't let people's compliments go to your head, and don't let their criticisms go to your heart. The degree to which you do either of these things is the degree to which you'll be ruled by what other people think of you."

I would encourage you to read it again. I read that sentence probably three times to wrap my brain around it so it could sink in.  Even though this quote is really not particularly related to weight and healthy eating, I though it was so true.

It's SO easy to let the things people say, or to let the things we only think people think of us, really get us down and defeat us.  Like the saying goes, "he who angers you controls you." I believe it's also true that he who makes you feel defeated and discouraged controls you whether it's about your appearance, your weight, you personality, or whatever.

When I decided to write this blog, my decision and comittment to change my ways to be more healthy was exposed.  I felt a bit vulnerable.  Even though I don't have a huge following or a bazillion blog readers, I can't turn back now.  I feel more accountable to uphold my decision, and I needed that.

So, I will try my best to do what Lysa said and not "let people's compliments go to [my] head, and [not] let their criticisms go to [my] heart. The degree to which [I] do either of these things is the degree to which [I'll] be ruled by what other people think of [me]."  My goal should be to please my Savior, live this life for Him, and try to take care of this body He's given me as long as I am able.  In doing so, I believe I will grow closer to Him and have more energy to serve Him. 

Glad that when we get to Heaven we will be able to feast at His table and not have to worry about exercise!!!



2 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

ha! Me too! No Exercise in Heaven!! Maybe we should re write "No Tears in Heaven" to the new version. hehe! Love you!

Katie said...

I'm having inner turmoil to say the least about my own exercise (or lack thereof) and the fact that I just keep gaining weight. I know that HE will help me and that HE wants me to feel better. :-) Your blogs encourage me so always know that you are not alone in this!! :-)