Monday, March 5, 2012

Motivation Monday

Before I posted this, I will tell you I had VERY LITTLE motivation to exercise or really do anything to be honest! :)  Caroline is cutting her molars (poor thing) and so she kept me up for a portion of the night, but I am happy to say that after doing my 30-minute walk and knowing I burned 200 calories, I find myself a tad motivated.... :)

You know, exercise is very counterintuitive.  What I mean is that you would think that when you are tired and don't feel like exercising that you might as well just keep chilling on the couch, but when you actually get up and move you have more energy!  I have had to learn this, and it has been my motivator many times. So, if you are thinking, "Oh, it's Monday. I deserve a break."  I DARE you to move! :)  You'll feel better - I guarantee it!

So, here we go with the things in my healthy eating journey that I have been pondering on.  Here is my most favorite thought of recent from Lysa's book.

Every situation has both good and bad.  When I want someone else's good, I must realize that I'm also asking for the bad that comes along with it.

How many times have you glanced at those magazine covers while you are waiting in the checkout line at Wal-Mart or the grocery store and seen the beautiful bodies staring you in the face and thought to yourself, "man, I wish I looked like that," or  "I bet that my life would be so much better if I was that thin or that pretty?"

Lysa points out that when we get into this mindset that all of a sudden "what [we] don't have blinds [us] from seeing what [we] do have."  When we look at someone and wish we looked like them or had their lifestyle, we don't consider all of the bad that comes along with it.  Everyone has their own issues and that's for sure!

Proverbs 14:30 says "A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones."  This scripture reminds us that we should be thankful for what we have!  We are so blessed, even if we don't have that supermodel body.  And you know what, maybe it's just not God's will that we do.  After all, we don't know the "bad" that comes along with it!  All we can do is be a good steward of this body God has given us.

Be motivated today.  Get moving!  Make healthy choices!  You can do it! 

1 comment: