Saturday, June 28, 2008

Not motivated to blog

(On the oldest farm in Utah, Antelope Island, on the Great Salt Lake.)
I don't know if it's just that nothing super-fantastic interesting goes on in my life every day, but I'm so not motivated to blog. Every day I've been picking a project to do around the house. For example, this morning, I cleaned out the filing cabinet (probably hasn't been done since we've been married!). Anyway, after that, I just don't want to clean anything else for the rest of the day.

Don't get me wrong it's not like my life is super boring, but it's not like I have an epiphany every day either. The only exciting thing to happen lately is that Callie has begun to take several unassisted steps! She will only take one or two, but she's not quite brave enough to try more than that yet.

We've also been struggling to get her to drink milk and to ditch the bottles. By the way, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them as a comment! Anyway, I've tried chocolate, strawberry, and mixing formula with milk, but she doesn't want to drink milk from a cup. Strange I know. Anyway, I tried orange juice with milk (sounds extremely gross I know, but it actually isn't that bad), and yesterday she actually drank some on her own! Hallelujah, and Praise be to God! I was so excited. She's not guzzling it down, but hey, at least she WANTED to take some sips yesterday.

Speaking of Callie I believe she just woke up from her nap. She got up pretty early this morning, and thanks to her mother's genes, she isn't happy until she's had a morning nap. :)
Guess I better go check on her.

Thank God for the rain last night! Just had to say that too. Pretty random, but I've got about 5 chigger bites right now (one on my bum, TMI I know!), and they are ITCHING like CRAZY!!!!! Guess that's what I get for picking blackberries just around my yard. Pray that God takes the itch away or at least relieves it!

Hey, I believe after typing this novel of a blog, I might be motivated to do it again soon. :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

You're so funny! I haven't been really motivated to blog either. Seems like my life is the same ole story day after day, week after week. I thank him for the rain, too! Last night on the way home, it started raining. Shannon said, "Hey! It's raining!" And from the back seat we heard Elihu say, "Thank you, Lord!" How funny! Anyway...I've heard that you should take the bottle away when the signs are right...that they'll never want it again. But I can't remember where the signs are supposed to be. I'll try to find out! It's worth a try! Shannon believes in the signs...especially with the animals and stuff going on with them! Hope you have an epiphany today!!!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the comment! Elihu's right by praising the Lord for the rain. He's such a card! :) I should try to find out about the signs too! I didn't think about that!

Levi Nix said...

Everyday is an Epiphany. The fact Callie is walking any is an accomplishment and a half, especially when, because of bipedalism, walking is just a modified form of controlled falling. There's your epiphany for the day.

Brittany said...

sigh... what a knowledgable brother in law I have :)

I believe that was an epiphany too...?