Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time for a new post!

Every time I think about updating my blog, I get side tracked! If it isn't one thing, sometimes it's another! :) But, here I am typing away, and even though it's been 12 days since I last posted, I'm at a loss for what to type. Okay, let me think of all of the events that have transpired since Sept. 5th.

I sang with my 2 favorite a cappella singers the other night for a missions revival! It was FUN stuff! I hope those there enjoyed it, and most of all it was pleasing to our Father! We definitely try to approach every singing with the same purpose - to glorify God and lift Him up!

On a rather bittersweet note, Brother Clyde Garrison went home to be with the Lord last week. Actually it was a week ago today that he entered Heaven and was once again reunited with Miss Lizzie, and most of all he was finally face to face with his Savior whom he had served so many years. Preacher Clyde was such a blessing to me, and he was always so sweet with his words of encouragement. He always commented on how wonderful it was to see my family all at church and how Andy and I were one of the "finest couples [he'd] ever seen." One day he reminded me of how we were in his words, "such a fine couple," and said we had a lot to be thankful for because we had each other and we knew the Lord. How simple, but yet how profound! He didn't have to stop me as I walked by and tell me anything, but he did. He was blessed with the gift to encourage. I can't ever remember him speaking to me without saying something encouraging to me and something sweet about how beautiful my family was, how beautiful Callie was, and how he appreciated and loved me and my family! I'm sad he's gone away from us, but praise the Lord he's where he wanted to be now, and we'll see him again.

Let me recompose myself and wipe the tears off the keyboard! Goodness! I can't say enough nice things about Bro. Clyde. He was the epitome of a good Christian example and witness.

I am so busy at school here lately it seems. We have new math curriculum this year, and it's taking a toll on our department. We're frustrated most days, but try to make the best of it. It's like we've totally re-done how we teach math, and it's hard for those who have done it the same way for 20 years! This is only my 5th year and it's hard for me, so I guess others are really having a hard time with the switch. The new curriculum has its advantages, but right now we are trying to still get to a point to where we are comfortable with what we have to do now. I'm sure we'll get it all worked out! It will definitely take the Lord's help though! I believe all of us have been praying for God's help with these new classes.

Everything seems to be going good around the Brown household. Callie is doing great. She's just growing up so fast. She will say "hey" and "bye bye" and some other words that we can't always recognize. We're pretty sure she says "dog," and she tries to say "peek-a-boo." She's too cute! She LOVES the bath tub! Tonight I practically had to drag her out of it. She loves splashing, wringing out her rag, trying to wear her rag like it's clothes or something, and playing with this stacking toy she has that's made for the bath tub. I still love being her mommy, and I'm so proud to be her mommy too! She is such a blessing in my life, and I am trying to soak in every day with her because I know these days are priceless and precious, as are the ones to come in the future.

Well, just wanted to blog about something since I haven't in such a while.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!
Be safe!
Much LOVE!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awwww! That's precious about Bro. Clyde. It brought tears to my eyes, too.