Friday, September 5, 2008

Hola My Blog Readers!



So, maybe I should say hello to all of three people, but hey, you're important to me! :) I haven't been blogging lately because I've been busy and into all sorts of things for the last 2 weeks it seems. I'm glad it's the weekend. Now I get to stay busy at home! Cleaning, washing clothes, etc. The joys of married life and housework! :) Some days it's more bearable than others, but I believe all of you wives out there are feeling my housework woes as you read!

Let me see if there's anything stupendous to tell you about that's been going on with me.

Well, I had a pretty good week at school, with the exception that some lovely child with apparently no conscience stole a candy jar full of candy off of my bookshelf BEHIND my desk. I have my suspicions on several culprits, but it's hard to know. It could have happened during my planning period while another teacher uses my room, but I'm not sure. I usually don't let my students "roam" around the room at all! I guess I will pray that the Lord deal with his/her heart, since it's not my job to punish anyone! I know it seems petty, but what bothers me is that some kids have no respect for other people's property and things that I spent my own money on to buy. I just hope and pray my child does not do such things - especially to a TEACHER!!!!!

Anyway, I feel I've just complained this entire blog, so I should write about something positive! I know that's what you're thinking! Sorry!

I definitely have counted my blessings this week. It seems like everyone I know is going through some sort of storm or hard time with ill family members or other issues, and so I've been reminded of how blessed I am and how thankful I should be to God for all of the things I take for granted daily. I think about Mike Adcock (our AP injured in a horrible car wreck 1 month ago), and I realize how I need to not complain so much. Mike is still in ICU at Grady and has had his right leg partially amputated. How blessed am I to be in what seems to be perfect health, walking just fine, talking just fine, and feeling good 99.9% of the time? It's amazing how I forget all of that, but God has used Mike's accident to remind me that I am forgetting to thank God for those little things that I take for granted every day. Please keep Mike and his family in your prayers. Our school is still not the same in his absence.

Something else positive - We had Youth Sunday last Sunday and we did our Cardboard Testimony skit. There are several versions on GodTube, and we did our own rendition of it on Sunday night. It was great! Our youth have grown SO much in the last 2 years. The kids are really opening up, sharing their testimonies more during church, giving the Lord the praise He's due, and they are growing closer as a group. It's so wonderful to see and be a part of.

Well, I'm blogged out for now. My bed is calling my name. Seems like I can't get enough sleep! Thank the Lord for Saturday mornings! Hey, 7:00 is sleeping LATE for me! :)

Love!

1 comment:

Katie said...

You're so funny! Our youth group is slowly starting to do the same...I don't think we are exactly "there" yet but we have made some great progress! It IS exciting isn't it? I had fun practicing. Maybe we can practice the new one next time. I'm excited about Monday!! See you then!