Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Break - It will soon be gone!

We had a great Christmas!! It was stressful (Christmas day was), but other than that, we had a great time. I had to pray all day pretty much to keep myself from going ballistic at times. It's hard for me to relax when my child is tired, she won't eat, she hasn't had a nap, people want to visit with you, and you would rather be at home, BUT it turned out not be as bad as I thought it would be. We acquired many new and exciting gadgets and gifts. Andy is most proud of his GPS unit that I got for him. It got it at a serious deal the day after Thanksgiving at Target! It wasn't really all that expensive compared to what it normally is.

I have been soaking in every minute with Callie these last two weeks. She's been the sweetest most loving thing ever! She'll just raise her arms up to me and say mama, and then when I pick up her she will hug me SO tight around the neck! It is the sweetest thing! She'll even say "love you" after I say it to her sometimes. It is precious. She's been entertaining me and keeping me busy around the house cleaning up after her too. :)

We had our traditional New Year collards and cornbread today. We opted out of the black-eyed peas because I'm not to fond of them, and plus I already made a crockpot full of pinto beans this week! Anyway, the collards and cornbread were WONDERFUL! I would dare say that it was one of the best pawns of cornbread I ever made and the best collards I have ever made. Of course, they cooked almost all day yesterday and last night, so all of that TLC better be evident in how they taste! :)

I have been cooking a lot this week with the crock pot and cooking a lot in general. It's not been too bad since I have an on-site designated dishwasher to help out! Andy's been washing dishes, and it's been so nice. He's done well too!

Well, I better get something done that's productive around the house. I need to work on some, dare I say it, school (cringe) stuff!

FYI - I will have a student teacher this semester. I hope and pray he's a good one! Pray for me as I attempt to "show" him how I do it, and maybe help him to somehow miraculously transform into a good teacher? Don't ask me how that's going to happen! I feel really unqualified to be mentoring someone else in my profession since I am NO WHERE NEAR where I wish I was, but God has put this little teacher-to-be in my life for some reason! I just hope his experience is as great as mine was! I had a good student-teaching experience, unlike all of the horror stories everyone told me!

Have a great day and a VERY Happy New Year!
Love!

No comments: