Saturday, January 17, 2009

Howdy

I hope that everyone has had a great last week and your new year is off to a great start.

Things at school are getting back to routine after having been out for 2 weeks. We are beginning to get back into our morning routine here at home too. It's weird how you really dread getting up early, doing the same things every day, but then when it gets messed up for a while, you long for that routine or some sort of routine in your life. I guess that's the teacher part in me coming out. We are routine creatures of habit, at least most of us anyway.

I have been terrible about updating this blog mainly because I think it's more therapeutic than widely read. It gives me something to do when I don't want to do something I need to do or I have a lull in my chores around home or school work.

Speaking of which, I just remembered I have a big stack of Geometry tests that need to be graded. Yuck.... Grading is not fun most of the time for me! I'm getting lazy since my student teacher is doing some of the grading already so he won't be bored to tears. He actually gets started teaching a class this upcoming week. I will hand over the reins and let him have at it. There's no better preparation than just getting into a classroom and trying it out. It's scary at first, takes lots of practice to get better at it (by the way, I AM still practicing myself!!!!!), and lots of patience that only God above can give to you, but it's a great job. It's rewarding (yes, even high school kids can make your day) and it's exhausting, but I can't imagine myself doing anything else. I have never imagined myself being anything other than a teacher, until I was a mother. Now I'm beginning to contemplate if I can be teacher AND mommy and do a good job at both. THAT, my friend, is an entirely different post!!! Maybe, I will post about it in the near future.

Anyway, I felt bad when I saw that everyone had updated recently and I just kept putting my blog off. So, my blog therapy will conclude with this short paragraph. Maybe it wasn't too boring!!! :)

Have a great weekend and week! Love!

2 comments:

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

I do read your blog you just don't update it often. Please continue to update and me and your dad will read. Love, Moma

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

No it wasn't boring!! you are a great mom keep up the good work!!