Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Updates = More readers?

A little bird has informed me that frequent updates = more frequent readers. So, maybe I should attempt to be a more consistent updater? Sounds good. I'll give it a try.

Wow, today was well, different. We were supposed to allow our kids at the school the opportunity to watch the inauguration. I complied, but I must admit, not all of the kids were thrilled about this once in a lifetime, historical opportunity. Some tried to have discussions (irrelevant mind you) during the entire viewing. Some slept, and others just watched. Some of my kids openly said they didn't want to watch it, and it was depressing.

I tried not to show them my feelings were mutual, but I must admit, good DID come out of the situation. It must've been divinely ordained that we were told to cue our TVs to the inauguration via Dr. Gibbs, and VERY shortly thereafter, Rick Warren appears, prays what I would call a great prayer, and prays in the name of the "man who changed my life...JESUS!" It was GREAT! I thought to myself of how prayer has been taken out of schools and people want God out of everything, but we still are allowed to pray at the Presidential Inauguration in Jesus' name AND PRAISE GOD, it gets aired all over the entire campus of Johnson High School!?!?!?!?

I could've shouted right in my room when I heard him pray in Jesus name. God bless Rick Warren for not bowing down to all of the protests and for specifically mentioning that his prayer was intended to be heard by the one true and living GOD! I was so happy about that part if nothing else. I told one of my coworkers that if nothing else good came out of the entire situation, that my kids were allowed to hear that prayer. Maybe it caused them to think about WHY he prayed the way he did, and could they possibly be wondering why he said "THE MAN WHO CHANGED MY LIFE????" What an awesome way to get some inquiring minds thinking. Maybe they wonder what he meant by that. I'm sure the Holy Spirit could've stirred someone's heart over that statement, and I pray that happened.

Anyway, yes, Barack Hussein(cringe) Obama is now our President. Like Ray (my Sunday School teacher) says, God has allowed him to be President for a reason. It's all part of his plan. Also, even though I may not agree with Obama on the issues that matter, it's my job to be praying for him anyway. Wouldn't it be great for revival to break out in the White House? Hey, God can make it happen!

So, let's all pray for Obama. I don't see how it could hurt. Jesus wouldn't condone Obama's probable actions on abortion, immigration, the economy, and marriage I'm sure, but God still loves Obama just as much as He loves me. Wow... ponder that for a moment! I think I just had an epiphany with that one. I think I'll let that soak in over the next few days while all of the hype dies down over this inauguration.

In the mean time, I hope your week is great. Please pray for me. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next year as far as working. I would love to go part-time or just stay at home, but I still haven't been given a clear answer on what to do. On paper, it seems like it would work for me to stay at home, but I'm not sure that's what God wants me to do. So, just pray for me. I know that He will not lead me in the wrong path, but I just want to make sure I hear His direction for my life clearly! :)

Love, BB

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'll help you pray about it. You'll know your answer when the time comes...just keep your heart opened and ready to hear His answer!! Love ya.

Miss Ashley said...

I was in the same boat about the prayer at school. Some of my students asked me if it was okay to bow their heads and pray with them... and then I was just sitting there waiting for the "amen" with no other words before.. and then it came! It was the only good thing I saw the entire inauguration!