Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crafting

Before I get started typing this blog, I just want you to know I have spared you what I REALLY wanted to blog (er, I mean complain) about.  Alas, people don't like complainers, and I must admit I am pretty bad about doing it ..... a lot. :(
Pray for me.  God truly is not finished with me yet!

Moving on....

I just wanted to share a couple of the latest things I have done in my crafting world.  I have been making some baby gifts and birthday presents.  I think I am going to do more of this for Christmas this year.  I have always appreciated a personal touch when it comes to gifts, but it is not required.  A personal, considerate store-bought gift is just as special.

Anyway, here are some of the things I've been doing lately.

Here's a name plaque for Madilynn Reese... my soon-to-be-born cousin!


A sleep sack for Madilynn made from her daddy's old dress shirt.  I also added a bow applique on the right hand side, but didn't take a picture after I did that.


Name plaque for Miss Chloe.  She is 2! She is also one of the most content children I know. :)



Decorated wipes case. Love these.  They are so easy and yet the possibilities are endless!!!  This one was for my friend's new baby, Shelby.


My first attempt at a chic and shabby bib for Shelby too.  And yes, it's supposed to look messy! :)

Homemade hooded towel I made for Callie.  I definitely see myself making some of these for Christmas this year! So practical, and it's easy to do on the sewing machine!


Present for my daddy for Father's Day from his grandchildren.  Callie's hand is the cow, Caroline's hand is the hen, and Silas's foot is the tractor.  Love this one so much. :)

If you would like any links to any of these things that I made, I could probably send you a link to the tutorials that I used.  I love crafting, but I must say that most of the time, I do NOT come up with all of the things I make.  My signs are originals, but the rest of the things I made I got from ideas of other people.  Most of the picture we made for my daddy is original, but I got ideas about how to incorporate the hands/feet into the picture.

I seriously think I need to have a Pinterest party soon! We could craft, cook, and just have a good girls time together if I decided to do it! :)










2 comments:

Carmen said...

Wow!! You are so creative, Brittany!! :) I love the bib with ruffles, and what a cute painting for your father!! The cow and chicken are sooo cute! :p I also enjoy making gifts for people...I just wish I had more time and more resources! I hope to make at least a few gifts this Christmas!

Katie said...

I don't care if you copied every single idea of these things. These are awesome! You are brilliant! My new hero!!! I can barely sew a button on! Ha!!

I must really be behind on blogs! I haven't read any of yours lately...how did I forget to stay on top of things? Ahhhh!