Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Facebook is really beginning to annoy, hurt, and yeah, hurt

As of late, I find myself getting more and more disgusted with some things and some people on facebook.

Am I alone in this!?!?!?

Please let me know if you have this problem too, but has being on facebook and being "friends" with people in church caused more strife in your church life? Or has it brought you closer together?

For me, it has been the first of those two:  It has caused me more pain than joy.  Aren't we supposed to be buildling each other up instead of tearing each other down?  I feel like some "friends" on mine have only one mission on facebook: to hurt people.

I am continually appalled at this.

But, then again, maybe I wear my heart on my sleeves..........

Call me crazy, but does it hurt you when someone "defriends" you for NO reason?  Especially if that person is a fellow member of your church? 

The devil is truly working so hard, and I KNOW that he uses facebook to defeat and discourage people.

So, here is my dilemma....

I have seriously considered deleting my account all together.  I have had my feelings hurt two times since yesterday about junk I have seen on there.  But only one thing keeps me logging in again.  It's those people that I actually like seeing what is going on in their lives, and those people who post encouraging words or Bible verses.  It's those people who I used to work with that became my other family, and facebook is the way I can catch up with them too.

What do I DO?

I don't feel as though I should delete those people who annoy me or post ugly or nasty things, because I do not want them hurt at me for the reasons I mentioned above.

At the same time, I don't want to delete my whole account, because then I would lose touch with some people I really care about and some that encourage me.

So.... what would you do?
Have you been struggling with disappointment from facebook too as I have?

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Update.... decision made - the deletion of my facebook account is imminent. I need to regroup, refocus, and leave behind some things and some people keeping me discouraged. I may be back one day, but for now, this is what I need to do.

Katie said...

I just "hide" anyone who offends me. That way, I didn't hurt THEIR feelings by deleting them AND they can still see my posts and hopefully be encouraged by something I've written!? I say the decision is totally yours. I, too, get frustrated with some people. But most of the time, people aren't out to hurt ME. They're usually only thinking of themselves...sad, I know.