Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Events

Last week was quite a busy week here at the Brown house.  Seems like we had something going on almost every day.  Those types of weeks can either go by fast or slow.  Last week seemed to go by pretty fast. 

Callie is getting more used to school.  She likes her teachers and is making new friends all of the time it seems. 

Caroline is still her feisty-self.  She is actually going to be going to the Level Grove Preschool one day a week for a few hours just so she can have some interaction time with other kids and maybe give me a chance to do some things that I need to do.
She went today, and I was totally lost without her.  I feel like as a mama I am so used to having my kids (at least one of them) with me all of the time.  I felt so strange not having one of them to keep up with.  Perhaps I will get used to it, but I don't really want to. :)

Anyway, the point of this point was to talk about weekend stuff.

Andy's birthday was on Saturday.  He is officially 5 years older than me again.  We did not do anything super special for his birthday, but I did stay in the kitchen a good part of the day it seems.

I made him some bacon for breakfast.  Then, that morning worked on his homemade red velvet cake (Maw Maw's recipe).  Later that evening for supper we had homemade patty melts (Pioneer Woman style!), like the kind at the Waffle House.  All in all, it was a good day for eating!  Callie enjoyed the cake as did everyone else.  She always licks the cream cheese icing bowl clean. Silly girl and her sweets!

Sunday we had a good service at church too, then we ate with mama, daddy, Ashley, Levi, and Silas.   It was some mighty fine eating there too!

Good weekend over all.  I leave you with some pictures of the deliciousness that came from my kitchen this weekend....


 Red Velvet Cake.  My only complaint: I did not use pecans in the icing.  Some people don't like them! ha! Pay no attention to my messiness on the cake platter!




Ooey gooey swiss cheese, sauteed onions, and the patty on rye bread.  Oh yes!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yummm! Looks delicious! You GO girl!