Friday, May 16, 2008

A Busy Week!

Hey! If anyone out there still reads my blog every once in a while, I just wanted to tell you what's been going on this week!

We've been having revival. I've gone every night except 2 nights, and Callie has been Miss Wiggly every night! We've gotten home late every night this week but one, and it has been hard on me and her. She's also been learning how to fall asleep on her own instead of mommy rocking her to sleep, and she's getting better. The first night I laid her down in her bed when I knew she was tired, and she just cried for me (Thanks separation anxiety!)! I could hardly take it! It took her a while to settle down, but every night she's gotten a little bit better. She was so sleepy tonight that when I laid her down I didn't hear a peep out of her! I know it's hard on me and Andy too to hear her cry and fuss when she doesn't want to lay down and go to sleep on her own, but I believe I'm helping her and myself out in the long run! I don't want to be rocking her to sleep every night when she's 2 or 3 years old! I bet it would be REALLY hard to get her to learn to sleep herself when she's that old and set in her ways! :)

Anyway, back to revival. Chris Anderson from Enon Baptist Church has been the preacher this week, and I have really enjoyed his messages. He seems like he would be a great pastor and has a big heart. He has been preaching hard this week! We even had one of our youth group kids announce his call to preach tonight! He got saved last year at our youth revival, and he's the only person in his family that is saved I believe. He has spent so many mornings in the altar just praying and crying his eyes out. I believe he prays for his family, but maybe recently he's been struggling with call to preach, but he surrendered tonight! He's a sweet kid. We are all excited to have another youth revival this summer. Our church has not been the same since. It really charged up our youth. We need to start praying for those services already!

Revival has been great this week, and I can honestly say that I've been charged up myself. Giving just one week of your life to God and staying out late a couple of weeknights is really not much to give back to the Savior who gave up His LIFE for me! I wish that everyone in our church could have that mentality. It's so easy just to stay home and let the t.v. entertain you or the Internet, but so many blessings were missed by those who failed to come this week!

Oh by the way, I only have to have kids for 5 more days for this school year! I can't believe how quickly it has passed. Next year, I go back to work full time! I'm already crying and dreading that part of it! I love my job, but I love my baby too. If she could stay home with somebody and not have to go to a daycare it wouldn't be so bad. Sigh... I've already decided that when and if I have another baby, I'm taking the entire year off and just going to focus more on being a mommy than I feel like I have with Callie. I hope she doesn't turn out to have some sort of issues because of how I've worked and not been home with her.

Okay, I'm finished. This is a really long blog! I've just gotten lazy lately with the blogs. :) Much Love!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I read every one! Keep on writing!! You'll be soooo proud that you put Callie down at night instead of rocking her. We did that with Elihu and he's an excellent napper! He even got the "napping" award in preschool this year. How funny is that!?!?