Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Callie's first real play date

Today Andy and I drove down to Roper Park in Gainesville to meet with my teaching budding Carol so that her grandson could play with Callie. He is 15 months old, and Callie is 13 months old. It was fun! They played in the swings, went down the slide, walked around, and Andy even gave them a wagon ride! They didn't really play together per say because at their age they don't really do that yet, but I believe both of them had fun anyway! Afterwards we went to McDonald's and both of them chowed down on chicken nuggets and french fries. So healthy, I know!

Callie was so tuckered out after all that. She fell asleep on the way home.

Before we came home, we stopped by Publix for a few things. Callie started screaming at one point, and I looked at her to see what was wrong, and she had gotten her arm STUCK in the buggy between two little bars trying to reach for something down in the buggy. It was literally stuck, she was screaming, Andy and I were both freaking out, but I managed to put some hand sanitizer on her to make it slippery so we could get her arm out. I felt SO awful! Mommies aren't supposed to let things like that happen, but it happened in a second ,and she was just reaching for something. I picked her up and held her but you could tell it had hurt. I still feel bad just thinking about it!

Well, speaking of Callie, she just woke up. I better go love on her some!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah, Shannon still kind of blames himself for what happened to Josiah's arm. It's just one of those things that happens...just like poor Callie's arm getting stuck! I remember how horrible I felt when mine fell off the bed (more than once mind you) and thinking, "Good grief! What a great mom I am!"