Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oh Victory in Orange Juice (and Jesus too!)

For those of you who don't know, it's been VERY VERY VERY hard for Callie to work up the desire to drink milk (plain whole milk) out of a cup. I've tried everything but a tap dance to get her to drink it, but I have found victory in mixing whole milk with some orange juice. I know you're thinking, "ew....", but I guess the juice just disguises that milk taste she doesn't care for. She'll drink it out of a bottle mixed with a little formula, but not from a cup without some tricks. For the past two days she's been drinking it pretty well. Just had to share my victory with you. It's been a pleasant surprise. With the Lord's help, maybe we can finally wave "bye bye" to the bottles before school starts back - which by the way is right around the corner! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt,
I love your blog, but don't know how on earth you have time to write on it. That Callie girl is the bomb! Great mothering trick with the OJ by the way! I miss you this summer. I know you're sad about working all day this next school year, but selfishly, I'm glad you are. Pray for me...bladder stuff, still! Talk to you soon!
kk