Thursday, March 6, 2008

Slow to Blog...


I have been so busy this week! I've been busy almost every night it seems, and I haven't had time to blog lately. I'm feeling blog deprived. :)

Things have been going pretty well this week, except for the busyness of it all. I am thankful for the somewhat boring and uneventfulness of my life. When you stay too busy, being able to do nothing is a great choice.

Callie is a wild child. I've come to that conclusion. If she were any squirmier or faster on her little hands or knees, I would be in trouble! What in the world will I do when she starts walking? :) Today, she pulled up on the side of the bed in the spare bedroom, and then proceeded to "cruise" from the bed to the night stand that is adjacent to the bed. Uh oh... (big sigh...) I'm in trouble aren't I? (scared face!!!)

Even though I haven't posted in a while, I just don't have anything glorious to write about really. I'll have something GREAT to write about next week when it's Pi Day! You heard me right - PI DAY!!! I have my kids totally psyched about celebrating it this year. We are making it a school wide thing! We're having a pi in the face contest - yes a teacher is going to get pied! It will be broadcast over Knight News so all the kids can see. Then, we're also having a pi art contest and a pi digit memorization contest. We're awarding money and everything. It should be fun! I have a student who rewrote N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" to "Pi Pi Pi." It is a riot. I will gladly share more info about this wonderful mathematical holiday next week.

I guess I better go practice my song for pi day, speaking of pi day. I always serenade my students with "Happy Pi Day" (tune of Happy Birthday) every year while I play my mandolin. It's hilarious for them. We sing other Pi day songs too. I need to make up one of my own. They think I'm crazy, but I just let them think that! You know that they probably go tell everyone how crazy I am afterwards, but deep down inside, they enjoyed it! :) I'll believe they do anyway. :) I'm known at Johnson for being Ms. Pi Day!!! :)

Click here for a special math song on you tube. This is great!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! I'll bet your class is GREAT! I'd like to be a fly on the wall :-)