Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday - tired and too much to do



I have been lazy about posting here lately. It seems like this past week was just so busy. It was hard to find time to sit down and actually think about what to say.

Callie and I went outside one day this past week when it was so nice and pretty outside, and I put down a blanket so she could sit on the ground. She was totally fascinated by the grass. I believe she'll be one of those girls who likes to play outside. She likes being outside so far. She hasn't had a chance to get out much since it's been so cold these last few months, but come spring time we'll be getting her out! I'm ready for warmer weather myself!

Ashley and I sang last night at a benefit singing. She and I did well singing, but we were there with a bunch of groups with their own bands and everything else. It was just me and Ashley - with my measly piano skills. I felt so inadequate and plain. I know it was just the devil trying to get me down. I know in my heart I went to sing for a good cause and the right reason, so I won't let that other "stuff" bother me, I guess.

We had a good service today at church. A missionary we support in Poland came to speak to us. The choir also did a good job, and the youth choir got to sing a song too. I have been trying to teach them some songs that are easy and have a good message, but they are just so shy when it comes to singing! They sing hard when we practice, and then they freeze up when we sing in front of the church folks. I guess I can't blame them. I used to be the same way, BUT years of experience and having a chance to get out of that comfort zone have changed that about me. :) Lots of practice singing with Ashley and with A Cappella Three have helped me a lot! :)

Callie is now fascinated with my guitar. I got it out the other day, and she just had a fit over it. She wanted to pull at the strings and just touch it. She wouldn't even let me play it. Now that she's so mobile, I can't get away from her so that I can play it without her being able to reach me somehow. :) I just hope she has a hunger and a love for music like I do. She's definitely got the genes for it! Maybe I can have me a little singing buddy one day. Her daddy just won't do it! :)

No comments: