Friday, August 1, 2008

Sausage Swirls

So, I must share with you how to make Paula Deen's "Sausage Swirls!" I made them tonight, and they were fabulous! They would make great appetizers, and I believe they would be great for breakfast too.

All you need is a pound of your favorite sausage and two cans of refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls per can). I use the Pillsbury Reduced Fat kind. Anyway, you divide the sausage up into eight equal chunks. Then you open up the crescent rolls, and for each can you can make 4 rectangles by pressing together two of the pre-cut triangles. Take one of the eight pieces of sausage and spread it over the rectangle (fingers work best!). Then, roll up the dough with sausage to where it looks like a cylinder. Follow the same directions for the other 7 rectangles you will make using the dough.

Refrigerate the darlins for about 30 minutes until they are firm. Then cut each roll-up into 4 pieces. Place all of the swirls on a cooking stone or cookie sheet and bake for about 18-20 minutes on 375 degrees. Make sure the rolls are brown and the sausage is done as well. It didn't take some of mine 18 minutes so watch to make sure they don't burn! :)

That's all! It's easy, and they are good. Well, if you like sausage I guess they are! They remind me of miniature sausage biscuits with the exception that the bread is sweeter than a biscuit.

Anyway, let me know if you try it or you at least think it sounds good. If you do try it, and it's good, thank Paula Deen! She does make some easy practical things, unlike some t.v. cooks!

Happy Cookin' Y'all! :)


1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have no comments and apparently no readers, so I'm commenting on my own blog to make myself feel better! :)