Monday, April 14, 2008

In Honor of Miss Vicki

Today was the first day BACK after Spring Break. I can honestly say that it wasn't THAT BAD! The kids were a little rowdy, but hey, that's to be expected. You'd wanna talk to your friends you hadn't seen in a week too, right? :) I know I would.

Ashley had her shower yesterday and got LOTS of GREAT gifts! She and Levi are very blessed with generous families and friends. It was good to see all of my family at the shower too! I got to have some good conversations with some people that I love. There's nothing like family is there?

I was reminded this morning how death is for sure and life is so uncertain. I was shocked to learn that the director of Legacy Academy passed away on Tuesday last week while we were away for Spring Break. It's so shocking to me because she died so suddenly of a heart attack. I spoke with her on Friday not knowing that I would never get to speak to her again. I don't understand God's reasons for taking her out of this world, but one day we will understand it all. Please pray for her family and for all of the employees at Legacy. They are all still very much in shock and in mourning for Miss Vicki. I feel like I can't do anything for her family but pray since I didn't know about the funeral until it had already passed, so, that's why I wanted to post this blog in memory and in honor of her.

Remember, life is short! I know that God has truly reminded me of this fact today. I'm just so thankful He knows what He's doing and that He's still in control no matter how stormy our lives may seem.

Much Love!!!

No comments: